In House of Bards, the kingdom of Costracinni exists in a constant state of war. And war means turmoil, but for the ambitious back on the home front, that’s just another word for opportunity. Can you work the backrooms and stuff the ballot-boxes to get what you want? Play as an ambitious elven councilmember trying to get in good with the Emperor, an idealistic halfling candidate trying to break into the big time, or a human reporter trying to uncover the truth behind the news.
Now is the time to act! But many things stand in your way—rival factions, scheming politicos, and most dangerously… your friends. Swords and sorcery collide with politics and punditry in this political drama meets high fantasy by Dave Chalker of Critical-Hits.com and the Cortex Plus Hacker’s Guide.
House of Bards requires Fate Core to play. This 44-page supplement includes:
- Character creation hacks that maximize political conflict, including a random generation system
- Skill set adjustments that maximize Fate for a politically motivated campaign
- Setting rules that help to create political intrigue and build upon it through the course of a campaign
- Useful tools for political campaigns, including a social stress track and new rules for player-versus-player compels
- A series of vignettes and sample characters to help get you started
Welcome to the House of Bards, where it’s always important to watch your back.
The Fate Adventures & Worlds line provides compact, rich, affordable, gorgeous settings with a ready-to-go adventure for GMs in a pinch. Buy one this afternoon, be ready to run this evening.