Happy solstice and joyous Yuletide all. I’ve got another project status update just in time for the holidays.
The family finally took our July 2020 European vacation…in December 2022. I’m home safe and sound now (with some extensive Christmas Market reviews if anyone wants them) and ready to give another look under the Hat. Here’s a synopsis of our current projects and a few hints into the plans for 2023!
2022 Projects Underway
Here’s all the project that we’ve been working on this year and will continue into 2023!
- Apocalypse Keys
- Monster of the Week: Codex of Worlds
- Girl by Moonlight
- Blades in the Dark: Dagger Isles
- Fate of Umdaar: PLANET OF SWORDS, SUPER-SCIENCE, AND SORCERY
- Project Perseus
- AGON: Realms of Khaos
We also have three more games (let’s call them Project X, Y, and Z) that are in development now will be announced in 2023 alongside an open playtest… and two more games (I’m running out of letters here!) that we just signed on. I’m very excited to talk about all of those…in 2023!
The final production is almost done. We have all the Omen Class bundle goodies (Apocalypse Keys, Mystery Notepads, Playbook Folios) complete and now we’re just waiting for the core book to finish printing. We hope to ship out to backers in February.
The only other reward in development is Roll20. The character sheets were done a while back, and full campaign module should be wrapping up in January. So this will all ship out with the book if not sooner!
Here’s a few sneak peaks of the book!
All the stretch goals are written and now the are going through various states of development editing, copy editing, and markup.
- Project Hourglass (by Rae Nedjadi). First draft complete. Editing complete. Ready for layout!
- The Betrayed (by Rae Nedjadi). First draft complete. Playtesting through December 2022.
- Department of Change (by Kienna Shaw). First draft complete. Editing complete. Ready for Layout.
- The Chained (by Josh Hittie). First draft complete. Playtesting through December 2022.
- ABYSS (by Jenn Martin). First draft complete. Editing through December 2022.
- The Untethered (by Sebastian Yūe). First draft complete. Playtesting through December 2022.
- The Company Of Gentry (by Kieron Gillen). First draft complete. Playtesting complete. Review through January 2023.
- The Lost Ones (by Logan Timmins). First draft complete. Editing complete. Ready for layout!
- Xochitl, the Dream Eater (by Morgan Nuncio). First draft complete. Internal review through December 2022.
- The Archivists (by Hipólita). First draft complete. Internal review complete. Editing complete. Ready for layout.
- The Void Mother (by KeganExe). First draft complete. Editing complete. Ready for layout!
Codex of Worlds
The Monster of the Week: Codex of Worlds is nearly complete! Here’s what’s still underway:
- Proofreading – underway till end of December.
- Index – first draft complete. Editing through mid-January 2023.
- Art development – Underway through February 2023.
And what that means is we are very close to a crowdfunding event, which will officially announce with another exciting Monster of the Week update in January. So many Monsters, so few Weeks!
Speaking of sneak peaks, how about a few from the Codex?
Girl by Moonlight
Art is underway for Girl by Moonlight as well, want to see a few more pieces further in development? Here’s some drafts from Si F Sweetman:
And some work from Raven Warner:
And from keymintt:
The art is in development, but it is looking SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!
Stewpot by Takuma Okada. Playtest wrapped up in September and Takuma is making revisions through end of the year. This game never fails to fill me with delight. So excited to see the next version. You should to too!
Blades in the Dark: Dagger Isles
Draft complete. Layout and review underway by John Harper now!
Fate of Umdaar: Planet of Swords, Super-Science, and Sorcery
Post-playtest revisions are underway now!
Our lead graphic designer Cris Viana is working with Stras and John now to create the layout designs! Excited to share some of those with you in the new year.
AGON: Realms of Khaos
Project Status Updates
A few more places to find out about our project status updates:
Still reading? After all THAT? Then you might be excited to hear the spin-off of Match Island will be coming to a Evil Hat near you soon. Redacted images retrieved below, more news to come when we get off the island…if that is even possible.