Enter the all-too-timely world of Arecibo…
Everyone on the island knew that something was amiss when the power went out. In the municipality of Arecibo, frogs and crickets fell quiet, bringing stillness to the night. Slowly but surely, the children started to understand that something far worse than animals dwelled in their tropical paradise. When the island is abruptly blockaded by US Armed Forces, it is up to them to determine what has gone wrong when no adult will listen, and perhaps stop the very end of the world. In the far reaches of space, something stirs in response to the Arecibo message. Deep in the giant caverns of the island, something else answers. Stranger Things and the eldritch meets Puerto Rico in its darkest hours in Arecibo, a Fate World of Adventure by Nicolas Hornyak.
Arecibo requires Fate Core to play. This 43-page supplement includes:
- Streamlined rules to make young characters, including guidelines on appropriate aspects, skills, and stunts
- Essential background information for running games set in Arecibo, a city on the north coast of Puerto Rico, complete with drop in locations for your games
- Transmogrification rules in Fate to define the process of character change from a normal human into an instrument of eldritch power
- Alternate dimensions—and their inhabitants—reachable through Arecibo
- A complete starter adventure: The Wow Child
Author Nicolas Hornyak wrote Arecibo to honor his Puerto Rican roots in the days before Hurricane Maria, and Arecibo’s stories are now more relevant than ever. Evil Hat donated profits — over $1,100 — from our 2018 sales of Arecibo to the UNIDOS Disaster Relief and Recovery Program organized by the Hispanic Federation. Thank you!
In Arecibo, somos fuertes. We are strong.
The Fate Adventures & Worlds line provides compact, rich, affordable, gorgeous settings with a ready-to-go adventure for GMs in a pinch. Buy one this afternoon, be ready to run this evening.