Happy new year. We’re kicking it off with a new game to playtest (Deathmatch island), a new crowdfunding campaign on BackerKit (Codex of Worlds, a supplement for Monster of the Week including new Team Playbooks and Mystery Frameworks), and more to come!
2023 Projects Underway
Here’s all the project that we’ve been working on this year and will continue into 2023!
- Deathmatch Island
- Apocalypse Keys
- Monster of the Week: Codex of Worlds
- Girl by Moonlight
- Blades in the Dark: Dagger Isles
- Fate of Umdaar: PLANET OF SWORDS, SUPER-SCIENCE, AND SORCERY
- Project Perseus
- AGON: Realms of Khaos
We’ve got two more projects I’m excited to announce later this year!
Deathmatch Island is a fast-paced game about a deadly gameshow on a mysterious island chain. The competitors don’t know how they got here. They have been selected and recruited, forced to risk their lives in a deadly series of games for the vague promise of a big reward for the sole survivor.
Here’s a few recaps that creator Tim Denee made from our playtest on ActualPlay.
The final production is almost done. We have all the Omen Class bundle goodies (Apocalypse Keys, Mystery Notepads, Playbook Folios) complete and now we’re just waiting for the core book to finish printing. We hope to ship out to backers in late February or early March.
The only other reward in development is Roll20. The character sheets were done a while back, and full campaign module should be wrapping up in January. So this will all ship out with the book if not sooner!
Want to stave off the Apocalypse? Pre-order here!
Here’s a few more sneak peaks of the book!
All the stretch goals are written and now the are going through various states of development editing, copy editing, and markup.
- Project Hourglass (by Rae Nedjadi). First draft complete. Editing complete. Ready for layout!
- The Betrayed (by Rae Nedjadi). First draft complete. Playtesting through January 2023.
- Department of Change (by Kienna Shaw). First draft complete. Editing complete. Ready for Layout.
- The Chained (by Josh Hittie). First draft complete. Playtesting through January 2023.
- ABYSS (by Jenn Martin). First draft complete. Editing complete. Ready for layout!
- The Untethered (by Sebastian Yūe). First draft complete. Playtesting through January 2023.
- The Company Of Gentry (by Kieron Gillen). First draft complete. Playtesting complete. Review complete. Editing through January 2023.
- The Lost Ones (by Logan Timmins). First draft complete. Editing complete. Ready for layout!
- Xochitl, the Dream Eater (by Morgan Nuncio). First draft complete. Internal review through January 2023.
- The Archivists (by Hipólita). First draft complete. Internal review complete. Editing complete. Ready for layout.
- The Void Mother (by KeganExe). First draft complete. Editing complete. Ready for layout!
Codex of Worlds
The Monster of the Week: Codex of Worlds is nearly complete! Here’s the current status:
- Index – Complete!
- Proofreading – underway till end of January 2023.
- Art development – Underway through February 2023.
And what that means is we are very close to a crowdfunding event, which will officially announce with another exciting Monster of the Week update in January. So many Monsters, so few Weeks!
Speaking of sneak peaks, how about some in progress art by Kurt Komoda!
And more in progress art from Lorne Colt:
Girl by Moonlight
Art is underway for Girl by Moonlight as well, want to see a few more pieces further in development? Here’s some drafts from Si F Sweetman:
And some work from Raven Warner:
And in progress art from keymintt:
Finally, some in progress art from Carly A-F:
The art is in development, but it is looking SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!
Stewpot by Takuma Okada. Playtest wrapped up in September and Takuma is making revisions through end of the year. This game never fails to fill me with delight. So excited to see the next version. You should to too!
Blades in the Dark: Dagger Isles
Blades in the Dark Dagger Isles Pam Punzalan, Aaron Lim, Malika Lim Eubank, Sinta Posadas, Brenden Gibbons, Joaquin Saavedra, Shao Han Tan, John Erwin, and Nychelle Schneider.
Draft complete. Layout and review underway by John Harper now!
Fate of Umdaar: Planet of Swords, Super-Science, and Sorcery
Fate of Umdaar: Planet of Swords, Super-Science, and Sorcery by David Joria, Lara Turner, Rob Donoghue, Pam Punzalan, Misha Bushyager, Mahar Mangahas, Helena Real, and Soup.
Post-playtest revisions are underway now!
Post playtest revisions by Stras Acimovic and John LeBoeuf-Little are underway.
Our lead graphic designer Cris Viana is working with Stras and John now to create the layout designs! Excited to share some of those with you in the new year…. like a new logo for the agency:
AGON: Realms of Khaos
Internal playtesting with Sharang Biswas, Mary Lou, and Sean Nittner completed. Revisions underway by John Harper now!
Project Status Updates
A few more places to find out about our project status updates: